BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out literature searches; designing new synthetic approaches as required and preparing research plans.
- Performing lab scale synthetic work and raw material evaluation.
- Participating in the scale-up to pilot plant level.
- Interpreting modern analytical techniques such as IR, UV, GC, HPLC, and NMR.
- Developing waste disposal methods which meet regulatory requirements.
- Investigating and developing equipment cleaning procedures.
- Assisting in production, making modifications to the procedures as needed and informing appropriate individuals.
- Writing Batch Production Records, work instructions and scientific progress reports.
- Preparing purified intermediates for use as analytical standards.
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as an active member of the project team working effectively with analytical research and quality control chemists, as well as production personnel.
- Developing appropriate in-process QC procedures in conjunction with analytical chemists.
- Following the company’s quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations.
- Training and supervising research assistants or summer students as needed.
- Complying with approved safety practices for the laboratory and manufacturing facilities.
- Instrument calibration duties.
- Good housekeeping responsibilities.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree with previous synthetic organic chemistry experience. A strong background in analytical chemistry is also recommended.
- Industrial chemical experience would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer software including Word, spreadsheets, chemical drawing software, and the ability to conduct online chemical database searches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Closing Date: February 13th, 2019
To apply for this job, please click here.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.