BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Operating manual and automated equipment to perform Microbial Fermentations, Down Stream Purifications, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) or fine chemical manufacture.
• Controlling processes from start-up to shutdown, including unit operations of microbial growth, expression, recovery, filtration, chemical synthesis, and purification.
• Handling of hazardous materials, including: acids, bases, solvents, potent compounds, and APIs safely and properly.
• Performing process sampling and testing including: pH, conductivity, spectrophotometry, osmometry, densometry, aseptic sampling and streak plating, etc.
• Preparing shift summaries and updating excel spreadsheets with key performance and quality indicators.
• Providing feedback to influence continuous improvements during the review and revision of Standard Operating Procedures and other process documentation.
• Participating in BioVectra's quality management system, focusing on the batch production records, work instructions, adherence to policies and standard operating procedures at all times.
• Assisting with housekeeping, equipment cleaning, general warehousing, material staging and tanker operations as required.
• Additional duties as assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
• High school diploma.
• Post-Secondary diploma in an applicable area of study considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Two years work experience in a related field.
• Industrial experience in pharma an asset.
• GMP experience an asset.
• Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
• Required to use a respirator.
• Able to lift up to 25 kg.
Closing Date: February 13th, 2019
To apply for this job, please click here.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.