Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or closely related field.
- +3 years experience in imaging system development
- Strong experience in the development of optical systems and camera systems
- Knowledge in leading-edge optical device technologies and camera technologies
- Previous experience in building, characterizing and testing optical imaging systems
- Knowledge in autofocusing, zoom and/or motorized optical systems
- Optical design and simulation (Zemax, ASAP, etc.).
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of medical products.
- Background in biophotonics.
- Scientific software development (MATLAB, Python, C etc.).
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Inherent attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and developing optical and opto-mechanical systems with specific performance parameters to achieve set goal specifications.
- Working with other development staff and industry partners to translate operational requirements into practical optical, software and mechanical specifications.
- Interfacing with diverse product development teams across multiple imaging and measurement modalities to develop an integrated solution.
- Assembly and testing of prototype systems in both laboratory and operating room environments.
- Assisting with the development of fabrication, assembly, and manufacturing process for the developed systems.
- Keeping abreast on cutting-edge photonics as necessary to identify and implement new technologies and techniques.
- Participate in routine scrum meetings.
- Participate in documentation reviews.
- Work closely with other team members and the QA team to ensure quality and punctual product development.
- Work closely with the QA and Applications teams to ensure clear and accurate help and training documentation pertaining and developed products.
- Observe clinical uses of products and identify areas of improvement and new avenues of development.