We are in pursuit of curbing antibiotic resistance and improving animal health. Our research is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel biotherapeutics to combat food contaminating pathogens. We are seeking a passionate and off the wall scientist to join our growing team of experts committed to making a difference through research with scientific impact.
At Novobind, you will work with a team of multidisciplinary scientists to develop and test our biotherapeutics, in addition to engaging with research organizations and industry groups.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with the satisfaction of having an impactful career through translating integrative thought and growth in responsibilities. Your success is earned through appropriate salary increases.
Who we are looking for:
- An extraordinary individual who can be an architect, an engineer, and a builder
- An innovator who enjoys finding ways to do more with less
- A person who enjoys using tools and systems to maximize productivity
- A self-proclaimed science nerd (and proud of it!) who loves agile development
- A purposeful and positive individual who works well with other keeners
- You know and admire at least five of the following: Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, Alexander Fleming, Max Perutz, César Milstein, Temple Grandin, Chris Hadfield, Elton John, Madeleine Albright, Tu-Pac, Craig Venter, Margaret Hamilton, Elizabeth Blackwell, Rosalind Franklin, Will Ferrell, Wright Brothers, Edmund Hillary
- Share our passion for scientific excellence and team-based approaches to fast-paced R&D
- With so much to do, you will find your passion and lead projects throughout NovoBind’s R&D Pipeline, including:
- Selection of bacterial, viral, or parasitic targets amenable to NovoBind’s technology
- Purification of the highest-quality recombinant protein
- Discovery of biologics, primarily through antibody display technologies
- Development of assays to screen the functionality of biologics
- Modification of lead molecules through advanced protein engineering strategies
- Development of proprietary E. coli and yeast-based protein expression systems
An awesome molecular biologist with a PhD and experience in any of the following: microbiology, parasitology, antibody discovery, recombinant protein expression and purification, or yeast-based protein production. Experience with aquaculture or crustaceans an asset.
Please forward Cover letter, CV, and all transcripts to Dr. Slade Loutet: email@example.com along with your top five admirees. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.