BioVectra Inc. is a contract manufacturing company proudly located in Atlantic Canada, and recognized as one of the top employers in the region. With three well-established locations in Prince Edward Island, BioVectra has expanded operations to a new facility in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
As a contract manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, BioVectra works on innovative projects with companies from around the globe, and we need highly skilled individuals like you to improve and perfect both new and established microbial and chemical processes. Whether you are a recent graduate looking to transition and grow your skills in the workforce, or an experienced professional in your field looking for a new career opportunity, your skills and education will make you an invaluable member of our team as we start up operations and grow our business in Nova Scotia.
BioVectra Inc. has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager. This is a permanent position located in Windsor, Nova Scotia, reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources in Charlottetown, PE.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for:
- Communicating BioVectra’s benefits and policies to all employees through distribution of orientation packages and coordination of benefits.
- Provide consultation and coordinate services regarding HR operations, programs, systems, employee relations, and compliance issues.
- Performing all recruitment and selection activities such as preparing and placing job advertisements, writing job descriptions, facilitating selection process by arranging and preparing job interviews, participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Assisting supervisors and managers by providing solutions to personnel situations.
- Administering the Human Resources information System (ADP WorkForce Now) and ensuring data is accurate and up to date.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensures compliance with federal and provincial regulations.
- Participates in the implementation of Human Resources projects and initiatives and ensures alignment throughout the business.
- Maintaining BioVectra’s pension plan, group benefits, WCB, etc.
- Representing BioVectra in the community to increase our Employer brand equity, and fostering collaborations with organizations who are primary sources of talent.
The successful candidate for this position would have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business or minimum two year diploma program in Human Resources.
- CPHR designation or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of GMP as specifically applied to biotechnology/therapeutic development, or biologics drug substance manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of HR practices and integrated Human Resources Information Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-task environment.
- Flexibility in exercising judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by visiting http://www.biovectra.com/careers/.
Closing Date: August 21, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.