BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Fermentation Lab Technician. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Operating manual, electronic, pneumatic or computerized equipment to monitor and optimize process quality and efficiency.
- Carrying out literature searches, designing experiments and preparing research plans.
- Assisting in development and optimization of fermentation processes for pharmaceutical products.
- Assisting with the preparation, testing and maintenance of cell banks.
- Assisting with the development of downstream isolation and purification processes for both small molecule and protein products.
- Assisting in the process of transferring from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Performing in-process tests: culture purity testing, culture quantification, Gram-staining, protein quantification and SDS PAGE analysis, etc.
- Assisting with writing Batch Production Records, cGMP protocols, work instructions and experimental work progress reports.
- Operating GMP processes at pilot scale and maintaining the process equipment as per GMP guidelines.
- Calibrating and maintaining laboratory and pilot scale equipment.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- College diploma in Biotechnology or a B.Sc. Degree in biochemistry,
- Industry experience in the fields of fermentation.
- Excellent attention to detail, good communication skills, and computer skills as needed.
- Knowledge of aseptic handling techniques, sampling and the analysis of materials obtained during fermentation processes.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to lift 22kg.