For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
The animal support clerk cares for the animals used in research and development studies. Performs duties related to the maintenance of experimental animals such as feeding and caring for animals, cleaning cages, holding animals, and animal identification records. Performs cleaning/sanitation of animal facility and equipment. Responsible for bio-safety and bio-security of the animals.
- The main responsibilities of the Animal Support Clerk include maintenance of the equipment, rooms and animal housing facilities, in accordance with established best practices.
- Room preparation before animal arrival (cages, computer, tables, etc.)
- Animal receptions (all species), and place the animals in the rooms at arrival.
- It is essential to maintain the cleanliness of the premises and by extension; the animals’ well-being. Room sanitation after a study finish.
- The person must ensure the integrity of studies by assisting the technical team in daily tasks.
- The nature of our business requires the employees to work in respect to Normal Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- The Animal Support Clerk must respect the pre-established schedules and instructions. A work uniform is provided by the employer.
- Is organized, responsible and dynamic
- Able to lift loads ranging from 15 to 20kg
- Have a great team spirit
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Segment: Technical Support, Toxicology, Biotech, Biology, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Science
To apply for this job, please click here.