The BioReady™ Paid Internship Program is now accepting applicants.
- Program description
- Is your company eligible?
- Employer application process
- Participant information page
- See the news release
- Download your Employer Application Package
The BioReady™ Paid Internship Program is an initiative that helps internationally educated professionals (IEPs) better integrate into the Canadian bio-economy by gaining valuable work experience. The program provides up to a maximum of $11,500 towards a salary as an incentive for bio-economy employers to hire, accommodate and train IEPs who are BioReadyTM
The BioReady™ Paid Internship Program gives employers the freedom to:
- Meet their staffing needs with less financial risk
- Access a pool of highly skilled workers eager to utilize their skills
- Develop a culture of diversity and inclusion within their business
Long success record
BioTalent Canada has a long track record of successful wage-subsidy programs, helping new talent gain the skills needed for employment in biotech while assisting companies in offsetting the costs associated with hiring.
For stories and more details on the success of BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs please see our Mapping Potential - Profiles of Canada's biotech frontiers.
BioTalent Canada launched the BioSkills Recognition Program to help individuals have their credentials validated to better position them to find work in their areas of expertise.
IEPs who register are guided through the process of creating an online skills portfolio, with the ability to translate expertise acquired through previous non-biotechnology work (e.g., medicine, pharmacy, nursing, etc.) into skills applicable to the Canadian bio-economy.
A BioReady™ Review Board of industry experts assess each portfolio and designates qualified IEPs ‘BioReady™’, verifying them as having all the skills and experience to work in Canada’s bio-economy.
From July 2015 to February 2017, BioTalent Canada’s BioSkills Recognition Program designated 256 IEPs as BioReady™, verifying them as having all the skills and experience to work in Canada’s bio-economy.
- Any Canadian biotechnology company in the private sector needing to fill a position within their company that matches one of the 46 Bio-economy Skills Profiles, listed in the BioSkills Recognition Program, can apply.
- Hiring someone who has been recognized BioReadyTM through the BioSkills Recognition Program.
- Placements may involve research, animal care or some other combination of business and science skills—and may cover the full spectrum of jobs from manufacturing and production to product commercialization, quality control/assurance, sales, regulatory affairs, biosafety and more.
- For information regarding criteria for eligible jobseekers, please visit the participant information web page.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program