The 2017-2018 BioReady™ Paid Internship Program is now accepting applicants.
- Program description
- Who is eligible?
- How to apply?
- Employers' information
- See the news release
- BioSkills Recognition Program
Get your foot in the door to start your career in biotech. Gain valuable work experience and skills needed to develop your career in Canada’s bio-economy.
The BioReady™ Paid Internship Program is an initiative that helps internationally educated professionals (IEPs) better integrate into the Canadian bio-economy by gaining valuable work experience. The program provides up to a maximum of $11,500 towards a salary as an incentive for bio-economy employers to hire, accommodate and train an IEPs.
- Gain valuable work experience and skills
- Establish a network of bio-economy contacts
- Develop personally and professionally
- Approach potential employers with a subsidized wage offer in-hand once you are eligible
For many internationally educated professionals (IEPs) finding work in one’s field and a lack of Canadian job experience are the two top challenges in building a rewarding career in the bio-economy.
The BioReady™ Paid Internship Program addresses these issues directly, by providing up to a maximum of $11,500 towards a salary as an incentive for bio-economy employers to hire, accommodate and train an IEP that has been certified as BioReady™.
BioTalent Canada has a long track record of successful implementation of federal wage-subsidy programs, helping new talent gain employment in biotech and assisting companies in offsetting the costs of hiring.
Since 2013, BioTalent Canada has helped 168 biotechnology companies hire over 550 new graduates through Career Focus, another wage subsidy program geared toward new graduates.
From July 2015 to February 2017, BioTalent Canada’s BioSkills Recognition Program designated 256 IEPs as BioReady™, verifying them as having all the skills and experience to work in Canada’s bio-economy. BioTalent Canada can now help these individuals secure employment by offering wage subsidies to bio-economy employers providing these BioReady™ Newcomers with valuable Canadian work experience.
- BioReady™ (BioSkills Recognition Program)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulation
- New Immigrant to Canada (in Canada 5 years or less)
- Seeking first full-time work experience in Canada’s bio-economy
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
If you have any questions or require further information, you can contact Mary at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 222 or email@example.com, or contact Colleen, ext. 221 or firstname.lastname@example.org to connect you to an employer. BioTalent Canada assumes no legal responsibility towards applicants or companies seeking subsidies.
- Ensure you meet the participant eligibility criteria stated above.
- Be sure to fill out and submit Participant Application Checklist to your employer.
- If you do not already have a position, you can search for available positions/employers on BioTalent Canada's job board, The PetriDish™; alternatively, you can contact Mary at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 222 or email@example.com, or contact Colleen, ext. 221 or firstname.lastname@example.org to connect you to an employer.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program